Welcome to the official website for the village of Egmanton in Nottinghamshire, UK.
Egmanton Book Club
Sandie Bunnell is trying to set up an informal book club for Egmanton, which would meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at individuals' houses.
Click here for further details.
Egmanton Parish Meeting
Egmanton Village Hall – 8pm Thursday 12th July 2018
- Approval of minutes of meeting held on 7th June 2018
- Matters arising
- Planning – Change of use of agricultural building to workshop for repairs and maintenance of agricultural vehicles and equipment and some HGV repairs: Egmanton Hill Farm, Laxton Road. 18/00945/FUL
- Date of next meeting – 2nd August 2018
The draft minutes from Meeting of 7th June are now available.
The Parish Meeting documents are available on the Parish Meeting page.
Amazon has recently launched a service called AmazonSmile. This allows you to use your Amazon account for purchases exactly as normal, except that Amazon donates 0.5% of your net purchase price for qualifying purchases (which are marked 'Eligible for smile.amazon.co.uk') to a charity that you choose from a list.
To use the service just go to smile.amazon.co.uk instead of www.amazon.com. If you click on the word Supporting in the top bar, you can choose your charity to support and see full details.
Best Kept Nottinghamshire Village Competition
Dear Egmanton resident,
Egmanton has been entered in the “Best kept Nottinghamshire village” competition. Can you help?
- Judging takes place in June
- Please consider joining the working party headed by resident Janette Tate – firstname.lastname@example.org - 948597 or Steve Hewitt – email@example.com - 872124
- First task is a re-paint of the village posts and railings
- Second job is a litter pick and verge tidy
- Do you have ideas to make our village more attractive?
- Do you have any flowering plants or shrubs or containers to offer?
- How do we get the younger generation involved?
The main objective of the scheme is to foster pride in village life and encourage a community spirit
John G Smith – parish clerk
6th May 2018