Welcome to the official website for the village of Egmanton in Nottinghamshire, UK.
BT, Microsoft and HMRC Scams
There has recently been a significant increase in scam telephone calls purporting to be from BT, Microsoft or HMRC.
The BT calls say that your internet connection is compromised and will be terminated unless you press '1'. Microsoft will try to convince you your PC is compromised. HMRC calls try to tell you you have unpaid tax.
THESE ARE ALL SCAMS. The advice is:
- These bodies will never call you out of the blue and will never object to a request to deal with things in writing.
- Just hang up - don't press any buttons and don't speak with anyone.
- If a person does speak to you, do not reveal ANY information, including even innocuous-sounding requests, and tell them to put the matter in writing to your address (which you don't reveal). Do not accept any excuses why this is not possible - just hang up.
- If you have call blocking, then after hanging up dial 1572 then select option 1 then 1 again. This will block the number from calling you again. If you don't know if you have call blocking, try 1572 anyway - it will tell you if you don't have the service. Unfortunately, this won't be completely successful as the spammers have many numbers to call from.
Egmanton Parish Meeting 7th March 2109
Egmanton Village Hall – 8.00 pm Thursday 7th March 2019
- Approval of minutes of meeting held on 10th January 2019
- Matters arising
- Flood alleviation: progress report by Neil Kemble, Chief Engineer, Drainage Board
- Housing Needs Survey – the results
- Date of next meeting
The minutes of previous meetings are held on the Parish Meeting page
Blue Badge Scam
Trading Standards have been alerted to a website that is offering to assist with Blue Badge applications for a charge of £49 to residents. The website concerned has been appearing in google searches. This website is not associated with the Blue Badge scheme.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind people that applications for a blue badge should only be made via: https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge
NOTICE OF PREPARATION OF NEW ROLL
Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham
Parish of St Mary's Egmanton
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
that under the Church Representation Rules, a new Church Electoral Roll is being prepared. All
persons who wish to have their names enter on the new Roll, whether their names are entered
on the present Roll or not, are requested to apply for enrolment not later than Sunday 10th March 2019. The new Roll will come into operation on Sunday 17th March 2019.
Forms of application for enrolment can be obtained from the Electoral Roll Officer.
Under the Church Representation Rules any persons are entitled to have their names entered on the roll, if they:-
- are baptised
- are members of the Church of England or any Church in communion with the
Church of England.
- Are sixteen or over
- Are resident in the parish, or, not being resident in the parish, have habitually
attended public worship in the parish during the six months before the date of
application for enrolment, and
- Have signed a form of application for enrolment
Jean Wright, Electoral Roll Officer
A book exchange has been started in the Defibrillator box (the old phone box) on the village green.
Drop any used books off and take others in exchange.